Sunday, December 31, 2006

2006 round up

First off i shall say that 2006 has been a great year for myself on the poker front.

throughout the year i have managed to amass 42 online tournament wins (39 on tribecca and 3 on laddies)

i have made 2 trips to dublin, several to blackpool, walsall and the likeand had some sucess, this week i won a £100 f/o at the broadway for £1800 and 6th in the £300 at blackpool for £1750.

Next year i will hopefully have a few good live results as well as maintaining my tournament record online.

I have met some great people this year through poker and enjoy sharing advice and strategy with these guys.

One thing that did bother me was on christmas day at 3:00am when i decided to take on sharpshooter @ 20/40nl and proceed to get shafted for $12k. the deck assualted him to be fair but i was so pissed i didnt know what had happened until an hour after i woke up on crimbo day.

Occasions like this simply SHOULD not happen, and the cash games are gonna take a big back seat as they seem to make me lose my motivation to play the tournies, which to be fair are my bread and butter. Also obv 20/40 nl is well outta my bankroll.

My next live festival will probably be the Grosvenor UK Poker Tour (GUKPT) at bolton which kicks off with a £100 rebuy, then a £300 freezout and then the £1000 main event.

I am not a big fan of shelling out a bag of sand for one tourney so i will go down the first few days play a few satts for the main event and then decide whether to buy in or not.

i conclude by wishing everyone i know a happy new year and the best of luck at the tables.
rick

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi claimer just found your blog.

Going to be looking out for strategy tips now and any slating of my play.

Unfortunatley back at work myself now. Need to sort out my roll and gambling issues as I can no longer deal with the 9-5.

See you on the tables.

Ellishouse

9:38 AM  
Blogger richard trigg said...

hi mate, im not the best person to ask on bankroll management, but if u need any advice on mtt stt play drop me an e-mail ricktrigg18@hotmail.com

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lo Claimer, just linked ur ass!!!

1:59 AM  
Blogger richard trigg said...

i dunno how to link!!

3:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home