Sunday, November 12, 2006

Ireland and ca$h games

Had a very pleasant trip to dublin last weekend with the england team to take on Scotland wales and ireland. i managed to get to the quarter finals, however once i got there i was well and truly taken to school by a member of our team the lovely jen mason. I really enjoyed meeting jen and she has one hell of a game, for my money she is better that 95% of the players whom she reports on week in week out.

I also met pab, (pirate-pab, pab09, paulo69, leadboots) in person for the 1st time. Pab is a very reserved level headed guy, surprising for a guy who has won about $500k in mtt's this year, but not surprising from a yorkshireman.

After saturday nights drinking session, i got to bed at about 6;00am next to my room-mate rod paradise from blondepoker, very nice chap, however his incessant snoring lead for me to stay awake until 11:00am. Not the ideal preperation for the E250 freezout that we were planning the next day.

Needless to say it was rather difficult for the lads to drag my lazy arse out of bed, however booders persistance managed to pay off as i joined kev, pab and flushy in the taxi to drogheda for mike laceys extremely well structured comp.

So 7 hours later i managed to get a quite unlucky 3rd for E1500 and a ticket to the main event there later this month worth E1000. I will be meeting booder there, and it will be an excellent tournament, 15,000 chips and an hour clock with 300 runners expected is not that bad for a bag of sand.

Since ive got back online, ive been playing on 5/10nl quite a bit with very good results so far, even with the 6k pot i lost with kk v AA. I know what you are thinking, but it was 4 handed and i flat called his re-raise pre-flop to disguise my hand and when the flop was 7 3 2 and he led out for the pot i had no chioce but to push. I have laid KK down many times pre-flop in cash... seriously.

As i write this i have a nice $3100 stack on a 5/10 ring game and im in the last 40 of the 5k garanteed so hopefully it will end in a decent night profit wise.
Im only home now because the nightlife in my town is so awful.
wow this is a long post for me, lets wrap it up.
no-space claimer x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home