Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Show me the way to go home

I arrived at my hotel in belfast at around 6:45pm booked a taxi to the cavendish for 7:30pm to give me time for a quick shower, fag and a cuppa tea, It was the £100 freezout on the thursday night of my arrival and I was determined to get a decent result here to pay for expences for the long weekend, alas it wasnt to be,

Started well flat called with AA on the BB and got paid by a maniac and was picking my spots well and i was bullying the table.

But when the blinds got to 300/600 our table was split up and i was moved to a table where i couldnt get away with my previous exploits. Everytime i raised i was either called or re-raised and decided to call someones big over-raise with AQ. He had AJ and rivered his jack, the next hand i moved all in for 4500 with 77 and was called by 88 and that was the end of that.

Got really bored alone in my hotel room all weekend especially friday when i decided to go to the cinema twice through sheer boredam. I couldnt wait for saturday and the main event to begin.

My starting table contained ActionJack who got involved in a lot of the table bantor, and was a pleasure to play with. For the first three levels my chip stack hovered around the starting stack (10K) and I was waiting for an opportunity to pick up some chips, and waiting ............. and waiting.

I must have found AJ at least 8 times in the first 4 levels and when i raised i was either re-raised or bet off a Q or K high flop. The tournament was turning into a real grind!!.

I managed to double up to 14k with JJ v J9h when my opponent misread the amount he had to call.

I was moved table when the blinds began at 600/1200 with 100 ante, and i was moving my chips very nicely pinching in late position successfully until i thought i could take a guy off his hand, re-raised on the turn only forhim to put me all in on the river grrrrrrrrrrrrr. I was left with 4900 and needed to move with blinds at 600/1200, i was all in in the next two hands with A9 and AQ, but when the blinds went through me i needed another steal and moved all in blind on the button for 7600. I was called by 66 and turned over my 95clubs.

Alas it wasnt to be, I tried my best and played well without the cards coming for me, in 9 hours of poker i never saw AA, KK, QQ or AK. I finished 32nd out of 123.

Anyway got back last night fired vcpoker up and was very unlucky in the 10k guaranteed to finish 7th when i slowplayed AA against the chip leader, and moved all in on a 10 high flop, he called with 10 K and hit a 10 on the turn and a K on the river grrrrrrrrrr

The positive is im playing very well and expect a big tourney result to come sooner rather than later,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home